We serve the project and program management community and related disciplines by increasing the sophistication of the way all individuals and organizations view and use projects and programs. We promote the exchange of project and program management knowledge and practices between experienced and new practitioners. We highlight the benefits of successes and guide for improvements.
We are a member of International Project Management Association (IPMA), a federation of more than 72 project management associations.
A world in which all projects succeed.
We identify, collect, document, certify, develop, share, and promote effective project and program management practices.
To lead the mainstreaming of project management as a core competence of all professions and as the key to ever-increasing performance in promoting human welfare and societal change.
- Serve members to promote advancement in the practice of competent project management.
- Promote high standards of ethics, conduct, education, and achievement by all project management practitioners.
- Espouse the values, services and activities of IPMA.
- Build relationships across sectors to support their project management needs.
- Promote methods, standards, practices, education, and ethics of project management to improve productivity.
- Promote individual, team, and organization performance competence to improve project and program results.
- Conduct and support research to improve the understanding and practice of the project management discipline.
- Share and promote exchange of information to advance the project management discipline.
Our Code of Ethics
This Code of Ethics is applicable to our members and certified practitioners.
In recognition of my personal obligation to the project management profession and to the communities it serves, I do hereby commit myself to behave ethically and professionally. Specifically, I agree that I will:
- Accept responsibility for my actions.
- Treat all persons fairly regardless of their race, religion, gender, disability, age, national origin, or any other differences.
- Avoid injuring others, their property, their reputation, or their employment by false or misleading words or action.
- Make a concerted effort to meet my commitments, and to promptly notify those affected when I am unable to do so.
- Work to ensure that my professional commitments are based on shared understanding.
- Avoid real or perceived conflicts of interest whenever possible, and disclose them to affected parties when they do exist.
- Reject bribery in the conduct of my professional responsibilities.
- Be honest in representing my professional capabilities.
- Be open to new ideas and concepts in project management.
- Make a reasonable effort to maintain and improve my professional capabilities.
- Assist colleagues and co-workers in their professional development, and support them in their efforts to behave ethically and professionally.