Moving Winners Forward, Recognizing Project Excellence
Our society is increasingly dependent on projects. Managing these projects successfully has become a trade that requires the right competences at the right time. Managing projects often means dealing with ever-increasing complexity and volatility. Project managers and their teams are required to give their best to achieve the desired outcomes for stakeholders, organizations or society.We recognize these achievements through IPMA Awards by honoring outstanding achievements in project management. Standing as a ‘Winner’, on the world stage, amidst fellow practitioners from every country is one of the greatest recognitions one can receive.
Awards are announced and presented during the Gala Dinner of the IPMA World Congress, an annual 3-day IPMA international conference hosted by one of the member associations. It is one of the major international events attended by more than 1,000 project management professionals from all around the world. One of the highlights of this conference is the award gala, on the second evening, where winners on different categories are announced.
We believe awards motivate project leaders and teams. We support applications from Nepal.
Since 2010, we have had notable success as evident below:
Project Management Teams
- Finalist, IPMA Global Project Excellence Award 2020 (Small and Medium Sized Category), Nuwakot Hospital Building Construction Project, Nepal Adarsha Nirman Company Pvt. Ltd. – awaiting result of winners in October 2020
- Silver Winner, IPMA Achievement Awards 2018 (Sustainable Development Category), Rebuild Barpak Project, Gorkhaly Foundation
- Gold Winner, IPMA Achievement Awards 2017 (Community Service Category), Maternal and Child Health Promotion Project, HDCS-Nepal
- Bronze Winner, IPMA Achievement Awards 2017 (Community Service Category), Rural Village Water Resources Management Project, Phase II, FCG International Ltd
- Gold Winner, IPMA Achievement Awards 2016 (Community Service Category), Formalizing and Strengthening Women Enterprises through ‘Business Clinic’, Federation of Women Entrepreneurs’ Associations of Nepal (FWEAN)
- Bronze Winner, IPMA Achievement Awards 2015 (Community Service Category), Lamjung Community District Hospital Partnership Project, HDCS-Nepal
- Gold Winner, IPMA Achievement Awards 2015 (Internationally Funded Humanitarian Aid Category), Disaster Response Project: Food, Education and Protection, UCEP-Nepal
- Bronze Winner, IPMA International Project Excellence Award 2014 (Small and Medium Sized Category), Hangar Construction Project, Buddha Air Pvt. Ltd.
- Gold Winner, IPMA Achievement Awards 2013 (Community Service Category), Integrating IT in Rural Nepal through Small Farmers Agriculture Cooperatives Project, Magnus Consulting Pvt. Ltd.
- Gold Winner, IPMA International Project Excellence Award 2012 (Small and Medium Sized Category), Education for Youth; Youth for Peace and Development Project, UCEP Nepal
IPMA Young Project Manager of the Year Award
- Judge’s Commendation 2017, Anup Acharya, Trade Promotion Project, GiZ
- Bronze Winner 2013, Mukunda Adhikari, International Nepal Fellowship
- Gold Winner 2012, Subas Subedi, UCEP-Nepal
- Bronze Winner 2012, Mukunda Adhikari, International Nepal Fellowship
- Gold Winner 2010, Shailesh Nepal, Tundi Construction Pvt. Ltd