Certification in Agile Leadership
The use and understanding of agility and agile working methods has spread in the VUCA world in many organizations. What began in many cases with software development has now evolved in the direction of “business agility” and “scaling frameworks”. Many organizations have recognized that this is not about an “either / or”, but rather that all available methods and concepts are to be used in such a way that the greatest possible benefit is created for customers and companies. Agile process models have established themselves particularly where there is great uncertainty about the goals in order to be able to implement learning effects from the market quickly and without high change effort.
Needless to say, agile is widespread. This means that our profession of project management is changing. To be successful we must become more agile and innovative. We must be aware of market and technical changes.
There is a need in the market for competent Agile Leaders, not in the form of a new formal role, but rather in an informal one. A person is a true agile leader when he or she is able to inspire others to put the Agile Mindset into practice. An agile leader can also influence the agility and willingness to change a company.
The increased use of project management in various industries has drastically expanded the method catalog. The IPMA’s Agile Leadership Certification can be obtained independently or in addition to the IPMA® 4-Level Project Management Certification. The IPMA Reference Guide ICB4 in an Agile World describes how to interpret the different competences in an agile environment. For this Agile Leadership Certification, the professional must have worked on a tactical level between several Agile teams and management with proven impact.
The advantages of certification in Agile Leadership
- certify agile leaders based on competences proven in practice
- enhance focus on people, personality, way of thinking and agile leadership skills
- gain independence from general conditions, industries, methods and techniques
- increase transfer of responsibility to all levels in the company
- need for people who can inspire others within the organization to adopt an agile mindset
- encourage dissemination of projects that are carried out with hybrid project management
- combine best practices from plan-driven project management with agile approaches